We have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Greensboro. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or making energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits in every season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on each climate. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your Greensboro Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Greensboro region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between the glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Greensboro Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.