Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the ambiance that guests have when arriving at your Greensboro home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Greensboro, give them a call at 336-203-0576 or plan an appointment online to work through all the choices for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.