Cooler temps are heading our way in Greensboro and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Greensboro winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Greensboro professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Greensboro.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Greensboro a call at 336-203-0576 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.