Fall is upon us in Greensboro, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Greensboro a call at 336-203-0576 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!